Saturday, October 19, 2013

Big things a comin'

First an apology to those few silly enough to read my "musings"...& myself: sorry for the delay since my last post.  Life has been anything but boring over the past 9 months. I will try to update more completely over the next few weeks.

Today I'm sitting in the parking lot reflecting while my wife reads her Kindle, both of us awaiting the start of my son's next soccer game. Its fully fall in the south, mid 50's and overcast...an improvement from the wind and drizzle from the 6:15am departure from home and the first game this morning.  I'm not a huge fan of rain when I'm outside, but I love autumn with the leave changing & the snap in the air.

In one week, I'll turn 50. Half a century...that's hard to wrap my brain around!  I like so many before me feel like we've blinked and BOOM its here.  With the keys on my phone making it difficult to type I won't expound as much as I'm prone to do...and simply say I'm glad for every minute of my life both good and bad. I hope I squeeze every drop from the days I'm blessed to live and hopefully be a blessing to those around me in the process.

In one month, I'll attempt my first Ironman triathlon.  I'm excited and nervous at the same time.  My knees still give me some grief, but I've  been essentially injury free...another great blessing.  Several weeks ago I was able to participate in the Atomic Man half iron distance triathlon and had a blast there...more on that and some photos later.  Again, I hope and pray Ironman Arizona will be a successful journey for me and serve as an encouragement to others.

Well it's time for soccer...I'll check in later.

No comments:

Post a Comment