Monday, January 9, 2012

Late/Lost entry for November 1, 2011

Well, my efforts at blogging are certainly not the best, but as I like to say "It's a process, not an event."
I'm pasting below an entry made from November 1st, 2011.  I had planned to add photos to the post, but couldn't get them in and ended up missing the post.  I'm going to be playing a little "catch up" over the next several weeks and hopefully provide some useful and/or entertaining information in the process.  Thanks for your patience!

here's the old post:

Well, it's been an eventful month or so since my last post.  Healthier eating and 
regular exercise are becoming more and more a part of my "routine", which is 
what I'm hoping for.  I still could eat a dozen Subway cookies or a bag of chips at the 
drop of a hat, but have discovered that after having less sugar over time it makes me 
kinda queezy when I eat too much now.  Thus far my body has tolerated increasing levels 
of running and bicycling, which I'm excited about.  My weight has slowly gotten to a 
point that I have not seen since 1995.  For that I'm grateful.  I'm a little leary about 
the upcoming holidays.  Last year I was doing well until my birthday late October, then 
BAM Thanksgiving and BAM Chirstmas with overeating at every stop.  This year I made it 
through my 48th birthday without gaining and hoping to do the same through the holidays.  
I'm convinced one can enjoy good food IN MODERATION without being legalistic or 
miserable.  Will keep you posted through the holiday season of 2011.  





The first weekend of October my wife and a good friend of mine rode the majority of the 
two lane road dividing "Land Between the Lakes" known as The Trace.  This is a 
beautiful hilly ride with the leaves beginning to change.  We parked and started from the 
parking lot of Patti's 1880's Settlement in Grand Rivers, KY.  Our ride was 70 miles 
total, 35 miles out and back.  

No comments:

Post a Comment